115 West Front Street

The Rheinfrank Hospital (Getz House)

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The Rheinfrank Hospital (Getz House):

 

The peaked roof of this structure is the former home of George Getz, built between 1860 and 1870 and later added to and converted into the Rheinfrank Hospital just west of Hood Park. Some people know it better as the River House.

In 1897 Dr. John H. Rheinfrank, then the owner, had his architect son George convert the building into a hospital with the two-story wing on the west side.

hospital

115 West Front Street

Another change, made then or at a later date, squared off the angle formed by the "L." The hospital gained considerable fame as a thyroid treatment facility.

Today the building is leased office space, the hospital having been closed in the 1950s.

slide up button